I fancy putting a white Russian down my throat every once in a while, and I also enjoy drinking a bit of cream or milk with my Kahlua too. But lets face it; the only way you’re getting drunk off of Kahlua is if you’re a 100 pound white girl that’s chugging it through her buttass. Sure, you could always add more liquor to your drink but who’s got time to pour three liquids in to one cup? No one, that’s who.
With that said, here’s how to make your own coffee liquor.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups of your favorite coffee (freshly brewed coffee works best)
- 3 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups of whatever kind of alcohol you’d like to infuse. Clear, unspiced rum is recommend but feel free to experiment.
- Vanilla extract (to taste) or 1 whole vanilla bean
- A bandaid
- And a spatula
How to do it:
- Brew your coffee as you normally would. Yeah, nothing fancy. Just do it.
- Pour your coffee and sugar in to a pot and bring this to a boil. You’re going to want to mix this until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Alcohol boils away at around 172 degrees. You’re going to want to wait until your coffee cools down some before adding your alcohol, otherwise you’re wasting everyones time and no one will ever like you. Once your coffee cools, pour in your alcohol and stir.
- Add mixture to a bottle/container along with your vanilla bean (or extract). Let it sit in your fridge for roughly a month. This ages your drink and gives it a smoother, richer flavor.
There you have it. Your own version of Kahlua with whatever twist you’d like to add, however potent you decide to make it.
If you decided to give this a try, or have your own liquor recipes/suggestions that you’d like us to try some time, shoot us a comment at our Facebook page and let us know!